Thursday 28 July 2016

July Reflections



How was your July? I hope that this month has been full of reading outside and chilled drinks for you. This summer seems to be going so fast. Let’s hold onto it a little longer with some July Reflections!

Quotation
'We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect.'-  Anais Nin
I love this quote because I think it really taps into the therapeutic power of writing. Writing allows you to revisit experiences and harvest them for something creative.

Reading
I really enjoyed reading ‘Why Does Anyone Write?’ by AliceAdams on LitHub this month. Adams talks about how being a writer can be a self-torturous process fraught with rejection, self criticism and long hours. So why do we carry on? Adams gives a personal and passionate response to this question and explains what keeps bringing her back. There are some great reasons, I like this one: ‘Because putting something into words forces me to articulate my thoughts and shape them into a narrative, and that gives meaning to my life.’


Writing
This month I started writing a new project in earnest. At this stage there are still lots of different possibilities for what it will end up ‘looking’ like. I think that is quite exciting and for a perpetual planner like me, it’s quite freeing to not know where its going next. There will be a time for intricate planning but for now its fun just to enjoy the novelty of something new.


Focus on…Planting Something
With everything in bloom and coming into fruition, its a good time to reflect upon the power of planting something. I don’t just mean scattering seeds or planting bulbs but rather planting something that you’ll be able to look back on with pride later on.  Passing on a passion on to a child, beginning a creative project, planning a trip are all ways you can invest in your future and reap the rewards of at a later date.

Three Things to Look Forward to in August:

1.Candy Floss and ice cream.
2.Writing in the garden.
3.Scrapbooking summer.

Posts to catch up on from July:







How was your July? Let me know in the comments below...



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...